Network IQ Academy for PhDs
Open Science, Open Innovation, Open-to-the-World
The core benefits of Network IQ Academy for PhDs:
- Become a self-confident, mature, and mission-driven researcher
- Connect to the local and global research community in your area of expertise
- Find your voice as an advocate of your research group and connect with key opinion leaders
- Build diverse networks across the silos of research, industry, entrepreneurship and government
- Learn how to improve performance when working in hybrid or fully digital work environment
Talent accelerator for PhD students and early-career researchers
This 12-month blended education programme consists of:
- Access to Network IQ Academy on Cahoot Learning
- Masterclasses with renowned faculty
- 4 career coaching sessions in small peer groups
- 8 weeks of micro-coaching courses for LinkedIn and Twitter
- Community gatherings on LinkedIn LIVE for global visibility, inspiration and e-networking
The programme is supported by experts from the Masood Entrepreneurship Centre (MEC) at Alliance Manchester Business School. The University of Manchester is #1 in the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings in 2021 against the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About Network Intelligence
Network Intelligence is a system-level innovation methodology. It’s core measurement instrument is the Network IQ (nIQ) Index.
Network IQ Index assesses a set of core competencies which enable individuals to identify and activate their networks for innovation and purpose-driven growth.
It is designed for optimising individual productivity and an entrepreneurial mindset in hybrid or fully digital teams and communities.
Network Intelligence was conceptualized by Prof. Dr Daria Tataj based on her book “Innovation and Entrepreneurship”, 15+ years of empirical research on innovation networks in Europe, the US, and China, including the EIT KICs.
Network Intelligence builds on the theories of Prof. Dr Manuel Castells, #1 Communication Scholar in the World, such as the network society, innovation milieus, and power based on mass-self communication.
Dr Daria Tataj, Honorary Professor at MEC Alliance Manchester Business School, introduces the Network Intelligence (nIQ) Academy
Who is it for?
Candidates for industrial PhDs
Researches engaged in transformative technology and innovation collaborations and projects
PhD students in need to get better connected with the global science community
Women in STEM
Im/migrant researchers in need to get better connected with local communities
Owners of patents, founders and SMEs who want to build a sustainable global business
Post-docs engaged in knowledge transfer and entrepreneurship
Administrators responsible for science internationalisation, knowledge transfer, and industry-academia partnerships
– Introduction to Systems/Network Thinking and community building
– Understand what is Network Intelligence, key terminology and research
– Define personal Network IQ Skills and Profile needs for a successful global career in science
– Learn how to interpret your own individual Network IQ scoring results, networking patterns and micro-behaviours
– Map your ecosystem and identify key communities for a global science career
– Review scenarios and behaviours for diverse e-networking opportunities
– Practical workshop to optimise strategy on LinkedIn – Review scenarios and behaviours for diverse e-networking opportunities
– Practical tips on how to optimise hybrid multicultural teams
– Learn to identify teammates, peers and influencers with high Network IQ
– Design the engagement plan with “the right people”
– Learn how to manage difficult relationships online and offline in multicultural teams
– Learn how to build your repuion and digital identity on LinkedIn
– Assess your community and draft an expansion plan
– Validate capability to influence your collaborators and public opinion
– Build foundations for a successful purpose-driven career
Meet Network IQ Inventor and Master Coach
Prof. Dr Daria Tataj
Daria Tataj is the inventor of Network IQ based on 15+ years of research on innovation networks in Europe, the US, and China, and an Honorary Professor at the Alliance Manchester Business School in the United Kingdom. Daria is a high-level advisor at the European Commission, Digital Leader of the World Economic Forum, women advocate at Vital Voices Global Partnership, and the founding board member of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
Author of the book “Innovation and Entrepreneurship: A Growth Model for Europe beyond the Crisis” with a Preface by Manuel Castells.
Meet Programme Faculty
Former Stanford University Associate Vice Provost and Network IQ Ambassador
Mr. Paul Marca is Principal at Parallax Global Advisors, LLC a firm which provides strategic advice to universities, corporations and governmental organizations on how to develop and extend education as a means to sustain organizational vitality and innovation. As former Associate Vice Provost at Stanford University, Paul was responsible for an extensive industry education portfolio of
hundreds of courses annually. He also serves as an advisor to numerous startups including Eightfold.AI, Youtopian World, Leadernomics, Draper University, Apollidon and Cahoot Learning. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees for the American University of Phnom Penh.
Dr Paul Tolchinsky
Author of “Whole-scale Change” and Network IQ Ambassador
Dr. Tolchinsky has been consulting to major corporations around the world for the past forty years. He has extensive experience in managing large system change efforts; new plant design and start-ups; redesigning organizations (both public and private sector); and employee involvement and participative work systems. Paul’s expertise is in the design of systems, applying socio-technical systems principles to organizations. He is the author of a chapter in Peg Holman and Tom DeVane’s book The Change Handbook (1999 and 2005) and co-author of two books on Large Group Methods entitled: Unleashing the Magic in Organizations: The Whole-Scale Approach and Unleashing the Magic: A Toolkit (2000).
Chief Learning Officer and Network IQ Ambassador
Tim helps organizations and individuals plan, implement and scale strategic talent and learning initiatives that improve their organization’s alignment, and transform their innovation and adaptive execution capabilities. He has 25+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise-wide initiatives for global clients including Apple, Barclays, Boeing, Cisco, Cognizant, EU Parliament, Hewlett-Packard, Kaiser Permanente, Medtronic, Nationwide, Nordstrom, Prudential, Saudi Industrial Development Fund, and Visa. As Chief Learning Officer for TwentyEighty Strategy Execution (formerly IPS Learning & ESI International), he helped develop, direct and scale university partnership programs including the award-winning Stanford Advanced Project Management (SAPM) program.
How is it done?
Active learning with cohorts
Learners will acquire skills in small cohorts of like-minded peers to build from the first day a supportive community, internalize learnings and identify ways to maximize impact.
Learners will have the opportunity to reflect, analyse and immediately apply what they have learned, under the mindful supervision of the Network IQ Inventor and
Learners get real-time insights that help set their pace and accelerate individual learning and careers by accessing new opportunities.
Learners get curated content and personal access to Superconnectors who can help boost their confidence and global visibility for immediate collaboration with their peers.
Time commitment and pricing
This 12-month Programme consists of on-demand access to an online learning platform, 4 online instructor-led seminars of 2h – 3.5 hours with renowned faculty, 4 career coaching sessions in small peer groups, and regular community online gatherings.
Students are welcome to enrol in the Programme anytime during the calendar year. They will be matched with one of the international cohort with students from other research centres based on their preferences and profile.
The programme is modular, flexible and designed for self-paced learning with a strong philosophy for community experience.
The monthly subscription price is 1.188 EUR (+VAT) per year.*
Please contact us to discuss group pricing.
*99 EUR per month option available if paid by students directly
The training provides practical competencies and capabilities and priceless networking opportunities to accelerate research and innovation careers:
- New powerful micro-habits based on application in daily work routines of the Network IQ skills to improve teamwork and teaming capacity in multicultural environments
- Utilizing the Purpose-Network-Fit to identify and build trust-based relationships with the right people
- Awareness of an individual mix of 5 Network IQ Profiles to align networking with concrete objectives at the given career stage
- Practical ways to activate existing networks and connections
- Monitoring and improvement plans for networking oneself in the key communities for a innovative career opportunities
- Building a science and innovation career long-term plan
- Identifying, activating and mobilizing networks and digital ecosystems on a pathway to become a key opinion leader
Every enrolled participant is welcome to join the alumni community. The community is focused on continuous learning, inspirational meetings and excelling in science.
The benefits of being part of this peer-to-peer learning community are:
- Engagement with peers who understand the value of networking
- Support in building a career in science
- Staying connected for new opportunities
- Building global networks
- Building networks across the silos of research, business, government and society
- Getting visibility in professional communities such as Linkedin